The EmpowereD Girls Collective offers a unique intervention model designed to provide members:
1. Weekly Virtual Clinical Support Groups - EmpowereD Girls currently meets on Wednesday evenings at 7:00pm EST via Zoom
2. Monthly Connection Groups - EmpowereD Girls & their Grownups gather at community locations to explore member's passions & talents together as a community. EmpowereD Girls work together to plan these events and negotiate reduced rates/discounts with providers to foster independence, executive functioning skills, assertive communication, self-reliance, confidence, self-advocacy and team-work.
3. Routine data monitoring using the Coopersmith Social-Emotional Inventory & Hare Self-Esteem Scale. Pre-& Post Assessments geared towards establishing that the best intervention for children with Dyslexia combines literacy/phonetic remediation & psychotherapy targeting shame and the development of self-advocacy and self-esteem skills.
4. Book Club - Unique opportunity to develop a love of [ear & eye] reading, story-telling, imagination utilization & learning, designed for youngsters diagnosed with Specific Learning Disability/Dyslexia.
5. Opportunities for Peer & Adult Mentoring.
6. Opportunities to pilot various Assistive Technology & Application Based Intervention Programs.
7. Caregiver Psychoeducation & Supplemental Caregiver Support Groups via Zoom.
8. Opportunities to attend Advocacy Events related to Special Education Legislation in Connecticut.